My Plot

Plot 46, Burnside Allotments, Cambridge



Sunday, October 30, 2005

Leaf mould bin

Rebuilt my leafmould bin today - much more sturdy than the last effort - now all I need to do is fill it up with leaves - mind you the leaves that the children & I collected this week will go a long way to doing that. I haven't mown them as Monty Don sugests as I haven't got a decent mower so I suppose I will have to wait ages for some lovely leaf mould.

I also worked out how many new pieces of glass it will take to re-glaze the green house (too many!) I think it will cost me more than the greenhouse to finish it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have just found your blog and it is just lovely. I will read all your archives tomorrow. It is nice to find another lady allotmenteer. I will keep popping back to pick up tips and see what you are doing.

I have grown asparagas for the first time this year, so I am going to read up more of your blog. I guess that I ought to do what you have done but my foliage has not died down yet, does that matter? Did you voer it up with something that lets the rain through like membrane or was it plastic?

Jim and Barbara said...

Emma can you help?
How can I put links onto my blog? It all seems double dutch to me.

Thank
Jim

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...