My Plot

Plot 46, Burnside Allotments, Cambridge



Sunday, April 02, 2006

Spring is sprung!

Went to the plot briefly today - in the greenhouse nearly everything has germinated - peas, salad leaves, spring onions, beetroot, hearting lettuce and radishes, I am just waiting for the carrots to sprout. Dug some more of the 'roots and onions bed' and Francis came up and finished digging his bed over, which was hard work for him as it was quite compacted - I don't think I dug it at all last year - just made holes and planted into those!

Tomorrow I plan to sow more peas into guttering, sow more carrotts inter planted with onions and plant shallotts. Plus dig some more. I need to get the beds finished for the asparagus and put the potatoes in very soon also.

So much to do so little time!

1 comment:

Mike said...

Hi Emma! No I'm still here - haveben having trouble wih the laptop which I am in te process of sorting out. I tried to make a post yesterday but it switched itself off before I got a chance! Of course the other thing is that it has been wet up here for weeks now and there hasn't been much going on at the allotment anyway. It is pouring with rain again as I am typing this. However...I do have a backlog of things I want to post and have sorted out some space on my hard disc so I can download pictures onto the computer again - I will definately be posting today!!!
Thanks for getting in touch, Mike

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...