My Plot

Plot 46, Burnside Allotments, Cambridge



Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Plotting


Haven't been to the plot in ages - mostly due to work, doctorate and just mad busy life, but that doesn't mean it has been forgotten - I have been making cunning plans.....

To put in some fruit trees and build a fruit cage on the bottom half - particularly as all my family love fruit and it is always more expensive to buy....like this one, probably not quite so big though.
Ventured there this week and although there are loads of brambles again the beds are still nice & snug under the plastic and look pretty clear of weeds. I have purchased a brush cutter so that I can get the plot looking tidy then I am going to;

Clear the brambles & dig up the roots.
Rotorvate the bottom half of the plot to break up the soil & make it flatter.
Cover the whole area in black plastic & carpet to stop too many weeds growing.
ready for planting of trees and fruit bushes.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...