My Plot

Plot 46, Burnside Allotments, Cambridge



Monday, October 03, 2005

Got a greenhouse!

Having been looking avidly on Ebay for a greenhouse for what seems like ages and being out bid every time I am now the proud owner of a lot of bits of aluminum and glass which hopefully will go back together into a 10' x 8' greenhouse, purchased via an ad in the local free ads. I have just spent most of the weekend taking it apart & transporting it to the plot. I need to thank it's previous owners for the constant supply of cups of coffee and words of encouragement, needless to say I am now on the hard stuff as a reward for getting the thing down without completely losing the plot.

I also cut the green manure ready to dig in and planted lots of garlic - ' Thermidrome' and 'Tescos' and have 'Marco' and 'Cristo' to plant - we like garlic!! There seems so much to do on the plot at the moment but I am also writing a dissertation at the moment (hard going) Although I do keep on finding myself with a fork in my hand instead of a pen and paper & I have no idea how that happens.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...