My Plot

Plot 46, Burnside Allotments, Cambridge



Monday, June 06, 2005

Getting there!


Sunday 5th June 2005
I'm sure that this grass looks decidedly yellower than it did a week ago! - anyway that's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Over the last few days as it has been half term I got my children to help me sow some seeds & so far we have done:
Cauliflower - Galleon
Capsicum - Californian wonder
Corn salad - Cavallo
Lettuce - Webbs wonderful
Coriander - Cilantro
Lettuce - Little Gem
Cabbage - minicole
Spring Cabbage - Advantage
Winter cabbage - January King
Beetroot - Boltardy
Sweetcorn - Jubilee
Broccoli - Purple sprouting

I don't know whether it is too late for all these but never mind we have had fun planting them in pots and seed trays, and now my garden looks even more like a plant nursery! - It seems that the more people you speak to the more ther are who either have allotments or grow vegetables at home most of which are very willing to offer advice, seeds, surplus plants etc - what is it about dirt that does this to people?
Posted by Hello

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...