My Plot

Plot 46, Burnside Allotments, Cambridge



Sunday, January 01, 2006

Spring cabbage & anorexic leeks


Spring cabbage from which I have taken the cloches off and earthed up so they were less floppy (it said to do this in a book or article I read somewhere). Hopefully these cabbages will turn aout alot better than those I planted last year which are a total disaster! - think I might just dig the bed and cover it ready for planting in the spring.

The leeks are still on the slim side - but who said they had to be thick anyway! - think these might be more of a stir fry kind of veg than a hearty leek & potato soup type!

It was such a lovely warm day today - such a treat after all the snow and frost and dark nights. Un fortunately I cannot get to the plot during the week as by the time I get home from work it is too dark and as usual the run up to Christmas is totally mad so even the weekends have been a non starter. Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...