My Plot

Plot 46, Burnside Allotments, Cambridge



Friday, December 18, 2009

Nearly lost the plot

Oh hoe is me....

Had a call from the allotment committee guy who said that he wanted to know when I was going to move all my tools as they wanted to re-let the plots! ~Considering that I had heard nothing from them since the BBQ in the summer this came as a slight surprise....

Although I know that I am definitely guilty of neglecting my plots in the past year I have been so busy with new job and college work that I just have not had the time.

However the thought of losing the plots left me having to really think about what I wanted to do and what I realistically have time for.

I had actually decided togive up the plots until the night before last.....and I eneded up having a nightmare about losing my plots and never being able to find one again!

I woke up having completely changed my mind and contacted the allotment committee guy and managed to do a deal - I have managed to retain one of the plots - the one with the greenhouse and raised beds and have agreed to give up the one with the shed.....although he suggested that I move the shed (I'm not sure how to do this as I built it in situ).

I feel better about this as I think I will mange one plot - having two would have meant that I couldn't keep up with them both and would end up being at huge risk of losing them both, particularly as the allotment society is taking a tougher line regaring their use.

So now I need to get all the stuff out of the shed and move it into the greenhouse and then work out how to move the shed.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...