My Plot

Plot 46, Burnside Allotments, Cambridge



Monday, January 18, 2010

Around the Site

Once I had finished removing the bramble roots I went for a walk around the site and took a few photos....

This plot belongs to a chap who has only just taken it on - The pile of wood on the left was a shed & when it was actually standing it leant over at a 45 degree angle.
This plot is always very neat and tidy - something to aspire to.... The dog also looks impressed!
I'm not entirely sure what other animals are on this plot but it definitely looks like a menagerie.
In what was a very over grown area covered in brambles this enclosure has been built....
on closer inspection you can see it is full of bee hives - the fox used to live here and I did wonder where it had gone to but saw it running acroos the site when I left at 3pm this afternoon.
This is a close up of one of the hives with bees to-ing and fro-ing. They are modern style hives - not the lovely sort that you always think of.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...