My Plot

Plot 46, Burnside Allotments, Cambridge



Saturday, April 02, 2011

Planting out

Arrived at the plot after I had taken a trailer load of rubbish to the tip and collected a load of council compost. Spotted Mike who let me borrow his rotorvator to break down the soil in the legume, root & onion beds. I had put a covering of council compost on each & rotorvated this in. Once I had done this I planted out the broad beans I sowed in loo rolls & poundland shallots.
Broad beans
Shallots
In the greenhouse the radishes have sprouted.
Align Centre
All the onions (Stutgarter Giant).....
And shallots have started to sprout also. I will harden these of over the next few days & then plant them out.
I still have loads to do including more digging (groan!), seed sowing and planting out of seedlings & so it goes on......

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...