My Plot

Plot 46, Burnside Allotments, Cambridge



Sunday, April 24, 2011

More digging!

Yet another baking hot day - got to the plot this afternoon after it was not quite so hot, and started digging bed 4 so that I can put out my brassicas - all of which are growing like mad, particularly the kale. Even so I was very quickly drooping as it was so hot! - stuck with it and eventually it got cooler and I managed to dig about 1/4 of the bed.

In the greenhouse the sweetcorn I sowed has started to come through.
I use loo roll inners alot for sowing into because you can just plant them as they are into the ground, but they are great for those seeds that need a good depth of pot like peas, beans etc. The only thing it I have run out now and I need a load for my climbing and runner beans!

3 comments:

Martin and Amy said...

I always use loo roll tubes if I can. Like you said, they are perfect for things such as beans and crops which have longer and more established root systems. They bio-degrade too! Perfect!

Enjoyed reading your blog, wish you could share some of your luck regards the sweetcorn. Sewn some seeds weeks ago and still nothing!

Have a good day!

Martin :-)

Hazel said...

All looking good, Emma - I bet that you'll be planting your sweetcorn out soon!

I'm a rootrainer gal - I've always found that loo roll inners go mouldy before I get as far as planting the seedling out.

Morgan Edward said...

Don't get yourself stocked down and feel irritated because you are broke and bankruptcy,here is Mr Lorenzo, who lend me the sum of $200,000.00 when I was broke and can't fix up myself. Mr Lorenzo helped me with an easy loan no stress on much of my financial documents,my loan was guaranteed and sent to me within a couple of working days. I was so overwhelmed  when I saw  my cell phone pop up with bank alert, I smiled because I knew my brokenness and problems are over..Stand up on your feet and be strong, just  contact Mr Lorenzo Diego >mrlorenzodiegoloanfirm@outlook.com. You may be lucky like me and get an end to your bankruptcy and  problems. 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...