My Plot

Plot 46, Burnside Allotments, Cambridge



Friday, February 18, 2011

Roots - the remake

I think I am coming down with a cold as I feel absolutely awful, but I made my self go to the plot today as I think this will be the last fine day we have for a while, as the forecast is for rain for the next few days. I managed to finish the second bed for strawberries, taking out a load more couch grass roots. There were 8 buckets like the one below full of roots from this bed, compared to 3 from the other strawberry bed & it was much harder work!
I put the last of the manure onto the beds, and now they are ready to be planted up.
I now have 5 of my long beds left to dig.
I also had a bit of a rearrange of my shed, which is now better organised and it is easier to get at things, it also means that there is more space to sit and have a cuppa!
And from the other angle - you can see my refreshment preparation area - Vitally important!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...