Moved the wood pile from in front of the greenhouse, burnt the rubbishy wood and have put the rest down at the bottom of the plot, then strimmed around it so it all looks nice & neat.
I have been strimming the long grass and look at the difference it has made!
This picture shows the bottom of the plot after I had removed the majority of the brambles & roots, but.......
This picture shows the bottom of the plot after I removed the old bushes and transplanted the ones that I wanted to save and then strimmed all the long grass. It looks so much tidier and much bigger than I thought... The only thing is that I can now see very clearly that the ground is so uneven that only a rotorvator will do the trick.
Next jobs are to transplant the last gooseberry bush, dig out the few remaining bramble roots and then rotorvate.
As my plans are to put fruit in this area I am toying with the idea of buying some more bushes and trees and potting them up until I can plant them out.