My Plot

Plot 46, Burnside Allotments, Cambridge



Sunday, March 27, 2011

Multi tasking

Now I know why I am an advocate for the no-dig system.... I hate digging & any one who says that they like digging can come & do mine any time! I have tried to get the dog interested in digging but he just went to sleep instead.
As my back has been through alot over the past few days I decided to do 3 things in turn, so I dug a strip of bed, painted a section of fruit cage & set out & planted the potatoes. The theory was that I would be able to give my back a regular break from digging and be able to stretch it by reaching up in order to paint. this worked quite well and I have now managed to dig about 3/4 of the bed.
The potato bed with all the potatoes set out ready for planting.
Potato bed on the right, bed 5 on the left and behind, the fruit cage half painted. As you can see, I only have blue paint!
All the seedlings that I have been hardening off ready for planting outside.
Andy & Dominic's plot with weed membrane down for paths

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...